Rod Licence

Stay on the right side of the law

Make sure you are fishing legally. Any angler aged 13 or over, fishing for salmon, trout, freshwater fish, smelt or eels in England (except the River Tweed), Wales and the Border Esk (and its tributaries in Scotland) must have an Environment Agency Rod

Do you need a second licence?

You only need a second license if you want to fish with four or more rods otherwise purchase a 2 or 3 rod license as required.

Concessions available

  • Senior - for age 65+
  • Junior - for age 13-16
  • Disabled - for those in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (or Personal Independence Payment) and Blue Badge Holders. Please note, you will need your National Insurance number or Blue Badge number for your concession.
Prices at 31 March 2018
  Trout & Coarse 2-rod Trout & Coarse 3-rod Salmon &Sea Trout
Full £30.00 £45.00 £82.00
Senior Concession (over 65) £20.00 £30.00 £54.00
Disabled Concession £20.00 £30.00 £54.00
Junior (13 - 16) Free Free Free
8-Day Licence £12.00 Not available £27.00
1-Day Licence £6.00 Not available £12.00


To renew your Rod Licence at the Post Office just bring along your Environmental Agency Rod Licence renewal form along with the appropriate fee and we will scan your form and that's all there is to it. The licence will be sent to you in the post but you will be covered immediately.

If you are applying for a new license not a renewal or you have lost your renewal form then you will just need to let us know your full name, address and date of birth and we will do the rest. You can even do it on behalf of a 3rd party.


In a recent survey 9 out of 10 anglers said they caught bigger fish using a Steeple Claydon Post Office bought rod license. 😉

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *