Why use the Post Office
You no longer need a tax disc so why use your Post Office to renew your vehicle tax?
- It's the only way you can pay for it with cash.
- You don't need a computer, scanner, printer, smart phone or a degree in computing science.
- Just hand over your V11 Form along with your payment and let others do the work for you.
- Steeple Claydon Post Office like nearly all other local Post Offices is under threat. As the saying goes "Use it or lose", it's your local Post Office and if you don't use it you can't really complain if you lose it.
How it works
If you have a vehicle tax reminder (form V11 or V85/1 for HGV), bring it to Steeple Claydon Post Office along with:
- A valid MOT/GVT/PSVC if required – your vehicle tax reminder will tell you if you need this. Your MOT must be valid on the date from which the vehicle tax starts or the date the vehicle tax is issued, whichever is the later
- For disabled vehicle tax, you need to bring a valid Exemption Certificate
- Reduced pollution certificate if required
If you haven't got a tax reminder form then bring along your car registration form (V5C).
If you’re not renewing your vehicle tax because you’re not planning to use your vehicle on public roads, you’ll need to make a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN). We can help with this too.
Paying for your vehicle tax
There are several ways you can pay:
- Cheque payable to Post Office Limited
- Debit card
- Post Office Budget Card
- Postal Order
- Sterling travellers cheques
- Credit Card (Transaction charge will apply)
- Magic Beans 😉