Take control of your household budget by putting a little money aside regularly to cover your household bills and spread the cost of Christmas and other gifting occasions.
- Save what you can: put between a minimum £2 and maximum £250 in multiples of £1 up to the annual limit on your Budget Card Plus
- Save up to a maximum of £1,500 every year: and, from 24 hours after putting money on the card, you can use it to pay for bills including Post Office services like your car tax, travel insurance or One4all Gift cards.
- Shop in 17,000 outlets nationwide between November and January. A full list of participating retailers can be found on the internet
Helping you to budget better
With the Budget Card Plus you can’t go overdrawn, you won’t incur any fees or Budget Card Plus charges when you use it and because you’ve put your money aside, you won’t be tempted to spend it.
How it works
To be eligible for a Budget Card Plus you’ll need to be over 18 and live in England, Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland.
- Apply Pick up an application form from Steeple Claydon Post Office, fill it in and hand it over the counter (along with two forms of ID from the list on the form).
- Save We’ll give you your Budget Card Plus straight away, so you can use it to start saving.
- Pay When you’re ready to pay for a bill or a service, bring your card into your local branch. We’ll swipe it, take the money off it and ask you to sign the receipt as an extra security measure. And when you want to spend your Budget Card Plus card in one of our retail partners between November and January simply hand it in when shopping. Ensure you know your account balance before going shopping. You can now convert your Budget Card Plus into an Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate claim code. To shop online at www.amazon.co.uk however you must use your card to buy an Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate claim code here.